Customer Interface Documentation
1 Left Intentionally Blank
Welcome to the Mortgage Credit Link system! This document contains descriptions and procedures for using the Customer Interface of the Mortgage Credit Link (MCL) system. When referring to this guide, User refers to YOU, our customer. The system uses the term File to refer to the credit report and Supplements to refer to service requests made by you.
The MCL system was designed to be as user-friendly as possible. If you are familiar with web browsers and navigating the Internet, you will find that submitting a credit report with the Mortgage Credit Link system is as easy as point, click and type. We hope you will find this guide useful and if you have any questions, please feel free to submit your technical assistance request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 954-561-1400.
Mortgage Credit Link is a comprehensive on-line credit reporting system. This guide documents the features of the Mortgage Credit Link (MCL) system.
When you log into the MCL system, you will see the Desktop page (Main) as shown in Figure 1. You will find this user-friendly interface extremely useful in accomplishing all of your credit reporting tasks. On the Desktop, you will see blue hyperlinks that are associated with frequently used tasks.
188.8.131.52 New Report
When you select the “New Report” option from the Desktop, you will be presented with a data entry form (Applicants Interface, Figure 2) requesting data on the person you wish to retrieve the credit report on. If you desire a joint credit report, you would also fill out the spouse-related fields on the form.
You with the permission to “order for all” (see User Setup, page 18) may order a report for other individuals in the company by selecting a name in the drop down menu at the top of the screen that contains “-SELF-“. Click on the drop down menu and select from the list of other users in the company.
Figure 2: Applicants Interface
After you fill out the required information, select the credit products desired on the consumer in the Credit Order interface. Check the appropriate boxes for Experian, Trans Union and Equifax. When finished selecting the bureaus, click on the “Order” button and the MCL system will automatically submit the information to the bureaus and retrieve the data within 15 seconds as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Credit Run Result
When the credit data has been retrieved, the MCL system will notify you if the credit run was successful. If there has been an error in data transmission or data entry for the consumer, a “NO” will be displayed in the “Success” column and an explanation will be listed in the “Error Message” column. Contact us at 954-561-1400 for additional information on error messages.
You have several options once the credit run has been completed:
1. Express Print: Click on this button if you wish to go directly to the print dialogue in Adobe® Acrobat. The “Express Print Module” must be downloaded and installed in order for this function to operate. See page 21 for more details.
2. Print Preview: Click on this button if you wish to view the credit report. After clicking on this button, the MCL system will display the merged infile credit report. See page 10, “Viewing Credit Reports” for more details.
3. New Report: Click on this button if you wish to order another credit report. A new Applicants Interface (Figure 2) will be displayed and you may enter the information for another consumer.
4. Continue: Click on this button to display the Credit File interface.
This interface contains information on a consumer’s credit file. You may add bureaus, add borrowers, view invoice information and track supplement and customer service requests.
Figure 4: Credit File Interface
Supplement Requests History
Any requests made on the credit file will be listed in this section of the Credit File Interface.
· Type: There are four types of requests. Tradeline requests, Public Record requests, Inquiry requests, and Miscellaneous requests.
· Date Ordered: The date and time when the request was submitted. All time on the MCL system is Pacific Standard Time (PST).
· Date Completed: The date and time when the credit processor completed the request.
· Status: All requests have three statuses.
o New indicates no processor has been assigned to the request.
o Working indicates a processor has been assigned.
o Completed indicates the processor has finished the request.
· Review: Click on this link to view the original request.
Submit General Request
You may use this area to send general messages to CREDIT BUREAU SERVICES concerning a particular credit file. Any request on a credit file that is not a tradeline, public record, RMCR or inquiry request is made using the General Request box. Non-traditional credit, VOR, private loans as well as general instructions on a credit file may be typed in the General Request box and sent to us.
Figure 5: General Request Interface
To learn more about order supplements and request, see page 13 or click on the “How to order supplement” link.
Completed supplement reports will be displayed in this Supplement Reports area of the Credit File Interface.
Figure 6: Supplement Reports Summary
The Date and Time of creation, as well as the name of the credit processor who created the report will be displayed. To view and print the supplement report, click on the “View” link.
The Submission Results area of the Credit File Interface displays the results of credit report retrieval from each of the repositories and the date and time of the submission. If there are any errors in the submission of the report, the MCL system will notify you with a “NO” comment in the OK column and an explanation in the Error Message column.
Figure 7: Submission Results
Credit File Interface Buttons
1. Upgrade to RMCR: To request an upgrade on the credit file to a Residential Mortgage Credit Report (RMCR), click on this button and the MCL system will display the following “RMCR Request” window:
Figure 8: RMCR Request Interface
You must enter the consumer’s place of employment and telephone number. Other fields are optional. Click on “Submit Order” to send request to a credit processor.
2. Add Bureaus: Adding bureaus to a credit file is a simple matter of clicking on the “Add Bureaus” button. The MCL system will display the Applicants Interface (Figure 2) and you may add the desired bureaus to the credit report and click on the “Upgrade” button, as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9: Adding Bureaus
*If you unintentionally add an existing bureau, the MCL system understands not to access that bureau and you will not be charged.
3. Add Spouse: To add a spouse to a credit file, click on the “Add Spouse” button. Similar to “Add Bureaus”, the MCL system will display the Applicants Interface (Figure 2) and you may add the name and social security number for the spouse. Select the desired bureaus and click on the “Upgrade” button.
4. View Invoice: You may view and print an individual invoice on the credit file. Click on the “View Invoice” button and a single invoice will be displayed, as shown in Figure 10. Click on the “Print” button to print the invoice.
Figure 10: Credit File Invoice
To view a credit report, simply click on a link in the VIEW REPORT window, as shown in Figure 11. Processors can choose to view and print PREQUAL credit reports or RMCR reports, if available.
Figure 11: View Report Interface
Additionally, the MCL system allows you to view and print a list of creditors and derogatory accounts separately. Clicking on the Creditors link will display a list of the creditors and grantors associated with a consumer’s credit report. The Derog Summary displays only the collection/derogatory account tradelines, as shown in Figure 12 and 13.
Figure 12: Creditors List Report
Figure 13: Derogatory Summary Report
The MCL system allows you to instantly unmerge credit reports and create custom credit reports. The UNMERGE REPORT window gives numerous options to view and print a credit report, as shown in Figures 14-17. You can select to view and print borrower only, co-borrower only or joint reports from any combination of bureaus by selecting the appropriate checkboxes. Select the desired report configuration by checking the appropriate boxes. Click the “View” button to view the report
Figure 14: Joint Tri-Merge Report
Figure 15: Borrower Only 2 Bureau-Merge Report
Figure 16: Co-borrower Only Tri-Merge Report
Figure 17: Joint Experian Only Report
The MCL system features a convenient “Point and Click” method of ordering supplement requests or updates.
1. Select the desired credit report to view (see “Viewing Credit Reports,” page 10).
2. Scroll down to the desired record (tradeline, public record, inquiry).
3. Click on the name of the record (creditor name, court name). An automatic supplement request window will appear.
4. Enter a request reason in the appropriate field. You may add any notes to the request.
5. Click on the “Submit Order” button to send the request instantly to CREDIT BUREAU SERVICES.
Ordering Supplements while viewing credit report
184.108.40.206 Find Report
The Find feature allows you to search for credit reports under the company account that have been retrieved in the past using the MCL system.
The MCL Find Credit File feature allows you to enter partial entries to simplify search criteria. Entering “MA” will return Mary, Mark, Martha and any other “Ma” values. This feature can be useful when dealing with large databases
If all search criteria are left empty, MCL will return all credit reports that have been retrieved under the company account. However, if you do not have “View All” permission, you will not be able to view credit reports belonging to other user. To begin search, click on the “Submit Query” button, shown in Figure 19:
Figure 19: Find Report Interface
A list of credit files will be returned, as shown in Figure 20. The list can be arranged according to File #, Reference #, consumer File name, date Created, date Modified and User name. Click on the header links to arrange the search results. To open a consumer file, click on the “open” link.
Figure 20: Find Report Results
220.127.116.11 Batch Order Reports
The MCL system features a separate method of ordering credit reports that is designed for high volume output. The “Batch Order” method of ordering credit reports offers you the ability to create new credit files and retrieve credit report data simultaneously, resulting in a 50% increase in credit report ordering efficiency.
Figure 21: Batch Ordering Interface
1. Click on the “Batch Order Reports” from the Desktop.
2. The MCL system allows you to order reports for another User. Select the user who is ordering the credit report from the “User” drop down menu.
3. Enter consumer information and select the desired bureaus. Click the “Order” button to retrieve credit report data.
Figure 22: Batch Queue
4. The credit report order will be added to the Batch Queue, located on the upper right side of the screen. The MCL system will automatically send the request to the appropriate bureaus.
5. You can now enter the information for another consumer. Select the desired bureaus and click the “Order” button. The credit order will now be added to the Batch Queue.
6. You can continue ordering credit reports in this method. The MCL system continuously submits and retrieves credit report data from the bureaus while you are adding consumer files to the queue.
7. When a credit report order is completed, a check is added under the completed column.
8. To print a credit report, click on the “Print” button next to the desired credit file. When a credit report has been printed, a check is added under the print column.
9. Click on the “Clear Batch” button to clear queue.
Selecting the “Billing” option from the Desktop page will display the “Find Invoice” interface. You can search for invoices according to the Invoice Number, Start Date, End Date or by User Name. Enter in the appropriate information and click the “Submit” button to search for an invoice. To find all active invoices, leave all fields blank and click on the “Submit” button.
Figure 23: Find Invoice search results
You can instantly view the invoice creation date and the dates they are due. The amounts of an invoice will be displayed in black text and the amount due on a given invoice will be displayed in red text. Clicking on the blue “REVIEW” link will display the invoice, as shown in Figure 24. Click on the “Print” button to create a paper copy of the invoice.
Setup is available only to users who have been granted Administrative permission to the MCL system. Setup allows you to create or modify other users of the system and grant permissions to these new users.
Click on the “Setup” link from the Desktop interface to access the administrative functions of MCL. The Setup Module displays all of the users who have been registered to access the system (Figure 25). Users are displayed by their User Names, Email login and User permissions. Click on User Name to view details on a User. Click on the “New User” button to create a new User to the system and enter the appropriate information, as shown in Figure 26:
Figure 25: Setup Module
Figure 26: New User/Edit Interface
When creating new users or editing existing users there are several options available:
§ Email: User logins must be in an e-mail format. Whether a real e-mail or not, the login must contain TEXT@TEXT.TEXT or the MCL system will return an error message.
§ Password: Passwords are case-sensitive and must be at least eight characters long and contain at least one numerical digit. The MCL system requires double entry of passwords to ensure accuracy. Remind users to remember their passwords or keep them written down in a secure location. MeridianLink suggests that passwords be changed once every ninety days for security purposes.
§ Use separate invoice?: The MCL system allows billing invoices to be separated according to User names. By leaving the Use separate invoice? box unchecked, invoices will be combined under the customer account name.
§ Lock account?: If, for any reason, an administrator does not want a User to access the MCL system, you may check the Lock account? box and this User will not be able to logon.
§ Is this user an administrator?: Administrators of the MCL system will have access to Setup functions and may create and edit User information.
§ Allow this user to see credit files belonging to other users?: This option allows you to view credit files created by other users, or restricts them to only viewing credit files associated with their User name.
§ See billing invoice for everybody?: Allows you to view invoices for all users in the system.
§ Report Ordering & Supplement Ordering: Select permissions for ordering credit reports and supplements
o Order For All: Allows you to order reports for all users in the system
o Order For Self: User may only order reports for themselves
o No Access: User is not allowed to order
To finish creating or editing User, click the “Save” button.
18.104.22.168 My Account
The My Account feature allows you to change your password. We suggest that users of the MCL system change passwords every 3 months. Again, passwords are case-sensitive and must be at least eight characters long and contain at least one numerical digit. For security purposes, the current password is needed to change the password.
The Download section contains the PDF viewer required to view and print the customized version of the credit report, the Express Print Module and Loan Origination Software interfaces that can be downloaded and installed onto your computer.
Adobe Acrobat Reader: This application is necessary to view and print merged infile, RMCR and supplement reports. Click on the Adobe® Acrobat Reader link and follow the instructions to install the application you’re your system.
Express Print Module: This small module is required for the Express Print function. See page 21 for more details.
LOS Interfaces: Click on the appropriate LOS product interface and follow the instructions to install.
The Tutorial module contains basic instructions on how to conduct simple tasks using the MCL system. The tutorial is a click through manual. Follow the instructions and click on the appropriate areas of the screen to advance to the next screen.
22.214.171.124 Request Feature/Report Bugs
The Request Feature/Report Bugs module allows you to give your opinion on how the MCL system works. If you have a question, suggestion or complaint on the MCL system, select this module and you’ll have a direct pipeline to our developers. MCL is a constantly evolving system and your input ensures that MCL will continue to provide the highest quality technology and service possible.
Figure 27: Feedback Interface
3.2 Recent Reports
Clicking on the Recent Reports icon tab will display a list of recent credit files that have been ordered. You can review the name, type of report, creation date and charges associated with a credit report. Click on the consumer name to view the Credit File Interface for that consumer (see page 7). Click on the “view” link to view the credit report for that consumer.
Recent Reports Module
3.3 Recent RMCR
Similar to Recent Reports, the Recent RMCR tab contains recently completed RMCR reports. Click on the consumer name to view the Credit File Interface. Click on the “view” link to view the RMCR report for that individual.
3.4 Recent Supplements
Again, similar to Recent Reports and Recent RMCR, the Recent Supplements tab contains recently completed supplement reports. Click on the consumer name to view the Credit File Interface or click on the “view” link to view the supplement report.
3.5 Printing Reports
You have several options when printing reports. The MCL system converts credit reports from on-screen (HTML) files to Adobe® Acrobat (PDF) files for better presentation, as shown in Figure 29.
1. Select the desired report to view (see “Viewing Credit Reports”, page 10). You have two options to print credit reports, as shown in Figure 30:
2. Print: Select this button to view the PDF version of the credit report before printing. After the “Print” button has been pressed the MCL system will automatically initiate your Adobe® Acrobat Reader application and the PDF version of the report will be displayed. You may then select print from the Adobe® Acrobat Reader application by clicking on the “File” menu and selecting print or by clicking on the printer icon from the toolbar, as shown in Figure 31.
a. If you do not have a copy of the Adobe® Acrobat Reader application installed on their computer, go to the “Download” section (see page 18) to download a free copy of the software.
3. Express Print: You may forgo viewing the PDF version of the report and go directly to the print dialogue in Adobe® Acrobat Reader by clicking on the “Express Print” button. Click on the “OK” button from the print dialogue to print credit report, as shown in Figure 32. The Express Print Module must be downloaded and installed on your system for this feature to work. See page 21 for more details.
Figure 29: Credit Report Forms
Figure 30: Printing Options
Figure 31: Printing from Adobe Acrobat Reader
If the credit report is not printing properly to legal (8 ˝” x 14”) sized paper:
1. Click on the “Properties” button from the print dialog in Adobe® Acrobat Reader, as shown in Figure 32.
2. Click on the “Advanced…” button from the Properties dialog, as shown in Figure 33.
3. Select the proper paper size from the drop-down menu. Click OK to finish.
Figure 32: Adobe Acrobat Reader Print Dialog
Figure 33: Configuring Printer Paper Size
3.5.1 Express Print
The MCL system features an exclusive “Express Print” function that decreases the time required to print a credit report.
1. Select “Download Express Print Module” from the credit report screen or from the “Download” section of the MCL system (see page 18).
2. Your system will ask to save the Express Print application (MLP.exe). Select “Save program to disk” and click on the “Save” button, as shown in Figure 34.
Figure 34: Downloading the Express Print module
3. Your system will ask for a location to download MLP.exe. Select “Desktop” and click on the “Save” button.
4. When the download has completed, click on the “Open” button, as shown in Figure 35.
Figure 35: Download Complete Dialog
5. The “Wise Installation Wizard” will be initiated. Click on the “Next>” buttons until finished. Click on the “Finish” button to complete installation.
6. The Express Print feature is now enabled.
3.6 Miscellaneous Features
In the top right corner of the interface you will find three available options, indicated by the underlined blue links: Main (Page 5), Download (Page 18), and Logout. The MCL Quickfind allows you to conveniently search for a credit file. You may select to search according to File or Reference number by clicking on the drop down menu.
Logging out of the MCL system
When you are finished with your MCL session, click on the Logout link and you will be taken back to the login screen. Closing the Web browser will also automatically end your MCL session.